Okay, I'm back! Phew. Nine whole days without any internet makes for a very bored and sad Kitty! Thankfully, the new router came yesterday afternoon, so everything is back to normal.
Obviously, in those nine days I got pretty bored and I ended up dying my hair twice. There's a good reason as to why, and it's because my red hair was fading really quick! It had faded to a bright pink colour, which don't get me wrong, I really liked, but I have an interview tomorrow and I decided I needed to re-colour it.
My original plan was just to re-dye it red because even though it's super bright, I know the company I'm interviewing for won't mind as I've worked there before and they know me, and loads of people have really bright hair there already, so!
Anyway, I popped into Superdrug, and the new Live Salon Style hair dye from Schwarzkopf is on sale there, with £1.00 off, and I really wanted to try it, so I ended up buying the Mahogany Brown colour, and I admit, the clue is in the name, but I really thought it would have a red tint to it, but well... See for yourself!
![]() |
| Before! |
So, this is before, as you can see, it was still really bright anyway, but it'd taken on a pinky hue, and I wanted to re-dye it, so... Here is the after...
![]() |
| After! |
So, this is after and I admit, it's a lovely colour, very vibrant, but this is with flash turned on, so it looks miles lighter then it is in natural day light. In a dark room, or just outside in general, it's a lot darker. Far too dark for my skin colour, and it made me look a lot paler then I am. As soon as I finished straightening it, I missed my red, so I had to do something, but I'll cover that in the next hair dye post. ;)
As I said, it's a very lovely colour, and the hair dye is fantastic- definitely worth the money. It's got great coverage and thankfully doesn't smell awful like most hair dyes. The colour it leaves you with is rich and it matched that on the box perfectly. The dye also didn't sting my scalp like some others have done in the past, and I was really glad about that. Washing it off it super easy, too, and it leaves your hair smelling gorgeous.
Final Verdict: I don't really have anything negative to say about this hair dye, just that it wasn't what I wanted at all. I really did think I'd be left with a lovely reddy brown, but it turned out really dark in the end. For £4.29, I can't really fault it. You get plenty in the tube to colour shoulder length hair as long as it's not too thick, and it colours white hair really well! (I say white because I've lost the pigmentation from the front of my hair from colouring it for so many years!)
The exact colour/shade I used was Mahogany Brown 4-2, and it's the Live Salon Style hair dye by Schwarzkopf, you can find it here, and it's currently on offer at Superdrug for £4.29, and it's also on the same offer at Boots, which you can find a link to it here. :)
The exact colour/shade I used was Mahogany Brown 4-2, and it's the Live Salon Style hair dye by Schwarzkopf, you can find it here, and it's currently on offer at Superdrug for £4.29, and it's also on the same offer at Boots, which you can find a link to it here. :)




0 Yorumlar