Disappearing for much of the week wasn't my plan, it just happened. Our oldest daughter is home and we've had a wonderful holiday weekend - life has been a happy blur since Wednesday. My nephew's graduation party is this afternoon, so the fun isn't over yet.
What about reading? As you might expect, there hasn't been much at all. I'm reading the same books as last week. Now that I have the characters and story lines straight, The Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes is a very enjoyable novel. I look forward to relaxing by the lake with this one later today and should finish before the end of the week.
My book club's annual pot luck dinner is coming up soon. Each of us will read a different foodie memoir and prepare a dish featured in our selection. My choice is The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz (which also fits in nicely with #ParisInJuly). The first few chapters have given me a taste of its tone... I'm hungry for more. This is a mostly social gathering so I don't expect much serious discussion, but know a few more titles will be added to my wish list.
Listening time has also been at a premium this week, but I've managed to listen to about a third of The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd and am loving it. My morning walks will resume tomorrow, so there's a chance I'll be able to finish this week.
Up next? We'll have to wait and see...
I've missed a couple #100HappyDays this week, but will still share a couple of favorites.
Now we're off to the train station....my daughter is heading back to NYC. I'll catch up with your blogs later tonight and tomorrow. Happy Sunday!
This post will link to It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.






0 Yorumlar