It's warmer than it was, but it's still so cold here. I don't want to do anything except sit in the living room in front of the fire with a quilt on my legs and read or knit or watch TV. And there's another snowstorm on the way... sigh. What do you do when it's too cold to go outside? It's so cold that the compost bowl is full because it's too cold to walk outside to empty it in the compost pile.
When it's cold we want comfort food, so yesterday I made spaghetti, soup, meatloaf and onion burgers. Last night we had the meatloaf and today we had meatloaf sandwiches for lunch. I don't know about you, but to me, the best part of meatloaf dinner is the sandwiches the next day. Tonight we had spaghetti for dinner. I watched a Rachel Ray episode where she made spaghetti. She said that the Italians always mix the pasta and sauce together before serving... they never have a big old pile of pasta with a big plop of sauce on top. So, tonight I mixed the spaghetti and the sauce so we could eat like the Italians. Didn't make much difference to us... we always just mixed it all together before we ate it anyway.
I made a couple of cards over the weekend. My cousin, Linda, makes the most gorgeous cards and when I visit her we spend a day in pajamas, making cards. And every once in a while at home, I get all my stuff out and take a crack at it on my own. I really enjoy the creative process, but they take a great deal of time to make and you know what happens to most cards that you send... they end up in the trash. But I've decided that this is one way I can save some money and it's the process I enjoy and it doesn't matter what happens to them after I send them out. My friend, Kathy and I have designated Wednesday mornings as a crafting time and we have been using that time to make our Christmas cards. Now I'm going to try and use that time to make birthday cards so that I have a stash on hand. Here is one of the cards that I made this weekend...
We had a rare visitor. If you've followed me here for a while you know that we have tried to lure cardinals to our feeders for years... decades even. And although we have had an occasional cardinal visit, the visits have been one and done. They never seem to come back. This is the third day in a row that we've had a cardinal visit our front feeder. They are so beautiful. He flits in, grabs some seed and takes off... by the time we get the camera or our phones out he is gone, but today I got one photo of him. Maybe he's camera shy. We are almost out of seed and are totally out of suet so we will make a trip into to town tomorrow and replenish our supplies.
I have noticed that it is staying lighter a little bit longer now. That's a sure sign that spring is not too far away, isn't it?
I hope you are staying warm...
Thanks for dropping by...

0 Yorumlar