Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PLACES: Foam Cafe (Dublin)

I'm continuing on with the theme of places this week!

I went to Foam Cafe this week as well.

Foam and I have a long negative history.

I got 'glutened' there once incredibly badly after a sales person assured me what I was eating was gluten free. It's my own fault though because five minutes prior to that, she looked at me with no light in her eyes when I asked about what was safe for a coeliac to eat.

This is normally a warning call to walk away fast.

So I gave in and tried. Twenty minutes later I was violently ill. I complained in email form and on facebook (not in order to get anything for free because only idiots do that) so they could educate their staff about various food issues and allergies. Oh and what a coeliac is. I got completely ignored. So, I never went back and have never had a good word about the place since.

I gave them a second chance this week.

I find the place incredibly pretty. It's very well presented. However, I didn't dare repeat the mistake this time. I just watched other people have food.

Instead I settled for a cup of hot milk masquerading as a chai latte. I've had worse but I've also had better.

The lack of internet also didn't endear me to the place. Not that I believe that its an essential thing for everywhere to provide free internet so I can selfie myself to death in the place but I had to check train times to the airport on a phone with no roaming internet. We seemed to have picked the only cafe in Dublin without wifi.

So I'm still not blown away by the place. I don't understand what makes people (other then kitsch) enjoy the place. I would suggest questioning everything you eat in there as well if your coeliac because its not always as it seems. But if you are looking to eat in somewhere where there is no shortage of things to look at on the walls then your in luck.

BEST PARTS?
 It's pretty to look at
It's LGBT friendly
It's in an unusual place off the beaten track on 24 Strand Street.

WORST PARTS?
Don't have an allergy and you'll be fine.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar